Sunday 28 July 2013

Language Liberty


Over the past week I registered my new domain name and set up hosting through Really Simple Hosting. They have been great so far; quick to respond and there for support when needed, which comes in very handy as a solo freelancer!

They installed WordPress in my account upon my request so this week I have been exploring and investigating the best theme to use for my new website. So far I have been using Responsive but I am not entirely happy with the homepage layout so I am looking into the possibility of changing it.

I then set up my e-mail address and linked it to my personal webmail account so that it's easier to access. I added a signature and an automatic response saying "Thank you for your e-mail. I will endeavour to respond within 24 hours."

The website address I decided on was... *drum roll*... www.languageliberty.co.uk. As I am offering translation as well as editorial services, I wanted to keep the name generic. My blurb explaining the name Language Liberty is as follows:

Being able to communicate well gives you the freedom to reach more people and deliver your message with clarity.

At Language Liberty, we offer proofreading, copy editing and translation services to help you do exactly that. A polished text with no distracting errors. A clean translation by a native speaker.

Leave your words with us and feel free to concentrate on the rest, knowing it's in safe hands.

Open up your language to the world. 

The website is currently under construction but is slowly getting there. I'm learning about HTML and CSS, maybe Javascript too if I have time. There are lots of forums out there to help you and many people have probably asked the same question as you already, so often a quick Google on the subject leads to the answer or code that you need.

I must admit that progress is running slower than I thought (time to revise my Gantt chart again!) as WordPress is a little tricky to get the hang of with all of the different possibilities although it is very user-friendly - it just takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment