Wednesday 6 March 2013

Busy but optimistic



This morning I was called into the production meeting where everyone gave updates on the yet-to-be-released titles, such as which production deadlines had been met, if the translations were sent in time, if invoices have been paid or whether contracts were outstanding etc. The meeting created lots of work for me as I was asked to chase or research a few things. I was also told that I'd be working on another title, taking in amendments. I haven't heard anymore on that yet though.

After the meeting, I went through several territories (Germany, Brazil, Italy, Spain etc) to check on pending business deals, seeing whether they were regarding any books we were about to publish. I marked them up to discuss with the Director tomorrow; not sure whether she will phone them up or ask me to, or perhaps send another e-mail.

For the impending move, I organised a site visit for IT support and picked up some spare boxes from the local Sainsburys and Rymans. I delegated the task of putting lots of books from some crates into the other boxes to an intern which I felt bad about but she had nothing to do so I think appreciated it, even if it was a rather mundane task.

I sent off more invites for the London Book Fair to various publishers around the world and then started to organise an impromptu trip for the Director to NYC next week to visit some US publishers who cannot make the book fair.

I was asked to created a few VCF cards which are electronic business cards/contacts. I hadn't done this before so checked online first and managed to do it.

I still have quite a long To Do list but am optimistic I can get it all done before the deadlines.




No comments:

Post a Comment