Monday 4 March 2013

Thus the paperwork commences...




This evening I registered myself as self employed and read about self assessment tax returns, tax working credit, national insurance contributions, invoicing as a freelance etc. My head is spinning! So here's a quick run down on how today was in the office.
  • I updated some of the customer contacts and whilst doing this, came across their database of freelance proofreaders/editors of which there were 25. I think that this is perhaps a job that I'd like to be doing ideally but I still need more experience to figure things out!
  • I created this week's To Do list which was very cathartic and showed just how much I'd achieved last week.
  • I typed up last week's meeting notes on the office move; we have a meeting with the external IT support team tomorrow morning.
  • I finished preparing the production copies for storage.
  • I amended 2 contracts as instructed, changing some of the finer details and correcting the format of the new book as it was wrong in the draft contract.
  • I filled out a post redirection form to send to Royal Mail.
  • I learnt how to process invoices.
  • I removed staples from a huge stack of A4 paper so that we can use it as scrap paper to print on the other side.
  • I finally located the phone number of a phone technician who will help us during the office move and called him to check availability and what services he can offer.
  • I arranged a few more London Book Fair appointments, constantly cursing at how slow Excel is on the Mac! It took 6 minutes to edit 4 cells (all I was doing was typing 4 words in each cell).

No comments:

Post a Comment