Friday 22 February 2013

Another week over!



Photo: View from my desk

Friday.. Halfway through my internship. I've been given a lot more responsibility than I thought I would be which I'm grateful for. I thought that I would be observing mostly and doing menial tasks - which I am, however I'm also responsible for more interesting work too.

I got in early today, partly to do the editorial job I'd been given and also because I had to pick up a delivery from the post office before work. I was looking forward to peace and quiet before the others arrived (working hours are 9.30am - 5.30pm although the Director tends to arrive between 9.45 - 10.30am). Of course, this morning, she arrives at 9.15am!! Fortunately I'm left alone so I finish 2 chapter amendments before continuing to arrange more London Book Fair appointments. It's a slow process because I was given the customers in the US, Australia, New Zealand and Canada to liaise with so the time difference makes for very slow e-mail conversations!

The Director mentioned the Bologna Book Fair to me, which is focused on children's books. She may be attending so I need to start informing myself about this one too.

I continued to work on the furniture spreadsheet for the office move and wrote an ad for the desks which we're selling. I managed to finish contacting all of the German customers with pending deals! Then I was told that next week I'd be working on pending deals in Brazil, Portugual, Spain, Italy and Greece. *gulp* I was feeling pretty tired by mid-afternoon after a long week so I prepared my weekly To Do list for Monday morning as it didn't need much brain power. I also worked out that I'd made about 40 cups of tea for the office this week! Ah, the life of an intern.



No comments:

Post a Comment