Wednesday 20 February 2013

The future part II


I've been thinking about my blog entry from yesterday. In particular, the question as to whether I would want to continue working for this publisher. I decided that whilst it's not the perfect fit for me, it's a great entry level job should I manage to secure it and that I would learn a lot in the position. I would still like to try work experience for another publisher or two ideally before settling in a job however this would be a great opportunity for me and would give me a bit of welcome security!

I sneakily tried to ask my lovely colleague if she knew whether there would be a position available and if any other interns had been lined up for when I'm due to leave. She didn't really know but said that she got the impression that I'd be asked to stay. Whether or not it's to continue as an unpaid intern or perhaps as a paid intern, or even to be offered a job (or work for them as freelance?) she didn't know. But the possibility that I may be asked to stay really cheered me up and motivated me to work even harder! It's always nice to get positive feedback anyway. Fingers crossed that she's right. I'm not sure I would stay another month as an unpaid intern but I'd have to check my financial situation and get back to them.

Anyway, today's tasks were:

  • Typing up the meeting notes from when we discussed the furniture for the office move
  • Revising the furniture inventory list 
  • Processing more expenses
  • Writing an eBay ad to sell 6 of the desks
  • Filing author contracts
  • Being a book model! (I was asked to pose for some photos for a new book, not sure if they'll be used though..)
  • Emptying the bins (woo!)
  • Wondering how on earth to type a £-sign on a Mac
  • Spending most of the afternoon working my way through the pending Germany folder, writing to German customers about books they were reviewing, chasing them to send our copies back and sending them new layout versions.



No comments:

Post a Comment