Wednesday 6 February 2013

Welcome to my blog!



Welcome to my blog! 

I have created it for 2 purposes. The first and main reason is to share with you my experiences during the course of my month-long internship. I have a dual role to support both Editorial and Rights for a book publisher in London and I am very excited about this opportunity! So excited in fact that it's almost midnight on the night before my first day and I cannot fall asleep. If, like me, you don't have many contacts in the world of publishing and you would like to know more about what working in publishing is really like, then you're in the right place.

My second reason is that I would like a diary of everything that I have learned from this internship and what better way than to make a public statement that I will be diarising my experiences in order to keep myself motivated to keep writing as often as I can! I shall not commit to it being a daily blog although I shall try my best.

I have been trying for a long time to get into publishing and this is really the first glimmer of hope that I've had. It sounds like a small step but for me, it's a very exciting opportunity and I'm happy to share it with you.

However for now I shall continue my preparation by reading the guidelines which were sent to me about the role which I shall commence tomorrow! Having been unemployed for half a year, you can imagine how enthusiastic I am and I really want to give this my best shot. I shall report back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment