Thursday 14 February 2013

Getting better...

Wednesday 13th February



Yes, I'm posting this blog 1 day too late, however I was out all evening! And I may be a little tipsy now.

Wednesday went a lot better. Not only was the atmosphere a little more relaxed but I was given lots of things to do. I started off by finishing off the filing and beginning to consolidate all of the rather sparse files into just a few, creating indexes etc. I can only really do this when the Director is out of her office so it's best first thing.

I then checked my e-mails and worked through the replies I'd received after inviting around 30 companies to appointments at the London Book Fair.

I also discovered that the lady I had been communicating with about one of my assigned books was indeed the author and that I would be meeting her on Friday to discuss the outstanding chapter rewrites - my first author meeting, how exciting! A little dampened by the fact that she is the Director's sister, but exciting nonetheless.

I also had to save about 50 folders' worth of e-mails from the server into my inbox individually which took hours.

I was asked to compile all of the author rewrites from different e-mails and attachments into one document.

I was then invited to a meeting about the impending office move where we ran through an inventory of all current furniture and the Director decided what was staying and what would be sold or given away (I was assigned the task of writing the adverts!).

Afterwards, I worked a bit of the Frankfurt Book Fair confirming our stand. The FBF isn't until October but these things need to be confirmed early.

I started work on the next chapter in the book, checking which editorial points were outstanding, what had been corrected etc. I was also asked to copyedit the first chapter's rewrites which made me very happy indeed as I love correcting text! I even drafted subtitles for 2 books!

All in all, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment